Kaitunu Kai - Head chef position
We're seeking an experienced chef for the Healthy School Lunches programme who can operate within the tikanga and kaupapa of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Rārua.
Reporting to the Pou Hononga (Social Manager), this job would be attractive to someone who:
- Loves organising
- is community minded
- would find this work rewarding and
- wants family-friendly hours.
The right person will end up running most of the show once the “Project Manager” has negotiated with the schools and setup the ordering/reporting requirements and systems. The Chef will:
- Provide Chef skills and expertise in undertaking Healthy School Lunches Programme in line with Ministry of Education expectations
- Operate within the tikanga and kaupapa of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Rārua, upholding our mana at all times.
Technical or professional knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A relevant qualification, with proven experience as a head/executive chef
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Can demonstrate an ability to organise self and team to achieve work directives, meet deadlines and manage conflicting deadlines and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with all types and levels of people.
Apply now - closes 19 February
To apply send a cover letter and CV to Michelle, using the details below.
- 0800 642847