NGĀTI RĀRUA INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME Dec 2022 – Jan 2023
We have internships available for people who are keen to build “on research and professional development experience” by working on specific projects across a range of areas of interest for Ngāti Rārua. We are now inviting applications from Ngāti Rārua whānau who are keen to learn and develop skills learnt in an iwi environment.
BENEFITS FOR INTERNS
An internship provides the opportunity to gain valuable experience for those aiming to explore or gain knowledge and skills required to work for iwi.
The internships are $10k inclusive of all costs for successful applicants which will cover a 2-month period beginning Jan 2023 and ending in Mar 2023
CONFIRMED HOST ORGANISATION
The confirmed host organisation is Tokomaru Research Centre (Inc) of which Ngāti Rārua is a 100% shareholder. The Internships are able to be completed outside of Te Tauihu o Te Waka-ā-Māui.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Registered member of Ngāti Rārua
• Understanding of Te Reo Māori me ōna Tikanga
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure, ability to deliver to deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English and or te Reo Māori
• Good computer skills using standard office software.
· Focused piece of work beneficial to contribute to the aspirations of Kia Pai te Noho (TRoNR strategic plan)
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before DATE: Dec 1st 2022
1. A cover letter telling us what your goals and aspirations, your iwi affiliation, and area of interest and experience is in
2. Where you live and your contact details
3. Your research and experience background
Nau mai haere mai,
Kia pai te Noho…