Whānau Ora Navigators
Te Kotahi o Te Tauihu
We are pleased that we have an opportunity to strengthen manaaki a-iwi in Te Tauihu through the provision of whānau ora navigator roles. These roles have been developed specifically to support the eight manawhenua iwi of Te Tauihu being Ngāti Kuia, Ngāti Rārua, Ngāti Koata, Ngāti Toa Rangatira, Rangitāne o Wairau, Ngāti Apa ki te Rā Tō, Te Atiawa and Ngāti Tama, to service the immediate need of supporting whānau through the omicron response.
Working closely with the Pouwhakahaere Rauemi, these roles will primarily focus on providing key activities to support whānau to be self-determining including, but not limited to:
* Working with whānau to support their journey through COVID, through the provision of information, education, navigation and where necessary intervention to maintain wellness.
* Identify barriers to access support services (as well celebrating best practice) that maintain whānau wellbeing and escalate this to management.
To ensure success in this role you’ll have the following skills and experience:
* A practical understanding of whānau ora.
* A strong ability to be self managing and unsupervised.
* Ability to work in a team but operate independently when required
* Passion for learning and change to create a unity of purpose and vision
* Whanaungatanga, Manaakitanga and Rangatiratanga – maximizing opportunities, strengths and results from the collective
* An understanding of kaupapa Māori within an organisation setting
* An understanding or willingness to learn te reo and tikanga Māori
These are fixed term positions and could be fixed term employment or fixed term contractor arrangements for suitable candidates
These positions are:
* 40 hours per week
* from 1st April 2022 to the 30th June 2022.
We are grateful for the support of Te Pūtahitanga o Te Waipounamu for their resourcing of these important roles.
For an application form, please contact Tor.Kiore@kotahitehoe.org.nz
Applications Close 23rdMarch 2022.