Notice of AGM
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting will be held at Hauhunga Marae, 188 Wairau Bar Road, Spring Creek on Saturday 18th November 2023 at 10.30am.
Election of three trustees
In accordance with the Trusts Deeds, the current Trustees, Anaru LUKE, Rima PIGGOTT and Renee THOMAS retire by rotation and are eligible to seek re-election for a further three-year term.
Persons interested in being nominated as a trustee are invited to submit their nomination form to the Board Secretary. Nominations can only be made on the official nomination form which is available during normal business hours from:
• Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Rārua Wairau Office, 65 Scott Street, Blenheim;
• Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Rārua Whakatū Office, 187 Bridge Street, Nelson;
• Email BoardSecretary@ngatirarua.iwi.nz; or
• Phone 0800 NGA TIR (0800 642 847).
Candidates and nominators must be Adult Registered Members who are resident in Aotearoa New Zealand. Nominations may not be withdrawn once submitted. All three (3) of the elected trustees must reside within the Ngāti Rārua Area of Interest in Te Tauihu o te Waka a Māui. If there are more candidates than there are vacancies to be filled, an election will be held by postal and online ballot.
The relevant dates are:
• Nominations Open on Thursday 29 September 2023.
• Nominations Close on Thursday 12 October 2023, 4pm.
• Voting Papers will be mailed to Adult Registered Members by Thursday 19 October 2023 (if a vote is to be held).
• Voting Closes on Saturday 18 November 2023, 12 noon.
Dated at Blenheim, 28 September 2023
Dale Ofsoske, Returning Officer
Independent Election Services Ltd
for Ngāti Rārua Iwi Trust & Ngāti Rārua Settlement Trust